Monday, December 19, 2005

talisman

the jade
returns to my neck

and Lakshmi
to my pocket

neither one
born from my culture

but both given to me
by others

I removed the jade
when I left you

the fabled fortune
it did not bring forth

in my thoughts
of course you often appear

void of sorrow
and regret

but maybe one day
in due time

meeting you
again

how could I not
be apprehensible

I lack the strength
that you need

when the situation
you try to avoid

erupts and surfaces
I would crack

there it is
admittance

is this healthy
is it, really?

what do these words
bring you?

each time you visit
does it affect you differently?

no, do it often
or not at all

it's up to you
but stop if it hurts.

eventually
I will stop this

not the thoughts
but the log.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home