Tuesday, January 24, 2006

South WB, tea, and Mumbai

Kelly cut my hair today
she gave me some layers
we're keeping it long for now
I say "we're"
b/c my hair decisions
are always a collective agreement
between Kelly and me
My hair is a team effort

Kelly and Me had a great convo!
we talked about Project Runway
her friends million dollar house
and the drug bust across the street

and then the topic segued to
how the neighborhood has changed
and it's true
it has
a very good friend of mine
was mugged
by a white, college aged, preppy dressed 20 something
in broad daylight
on N. Main Street
it's ridiculous

all for drugs

worthless

I met this friend
for tea today
we exchanged christmas presents

I signed on
to design another set
probably against my better judgment
but it's for Les Liasons Dangereuse
and the director wants
a particularly interesting
and intricate floor
so he asked me to design the show
so design it I will
but I have no time to devote
to painting or constructing

but at least I get design credit

Mikhail's mother
BEGS me to come to Bombay
everytime I speak to her
a very kind, gracious woman
I love her dearly

"Mark, whenever you are in Mumbai
you MUST come stay with us,
you are always welcome,
my family is your family"

I love the way she always puts it
"whenever you are in Mumbai"
I love that
like it's Chicago or something

Mumbai is Indian for Bombay
I think we've discussed this before

well, she's getting her wish
I'm calling USAir tomorrow
cashing in mom's air miles

Mikhail has promised to take me:
- to Agrah to see the Taj Mahal
- to Goa, which is the Indian equivalent
of Miami, so I'm told;
basically, a lot of beach parties with alcohol
- skiing in the Himalayas, oh you bet your ass
- to Jaipur so I can stock up
on Indian Textiles

which is all fine and good
but all I really want to see
are cobras.

a long time ago
I wanted to be a Herpetologist
I love reptiles

I spent 3 hours
last week at the Frog exhibit
at the Academy of Natural Sciences

I watched a chinese monkey frog
for 35 minutes
waiting for him to eat the cricket

no, cobras are not the only thing I want to see

India has recently begun to fascinate me
and of course it is because of Mikhail

Mikhail does not realize
just how exotic India really is
to an American

well, it's just about as exotic
as you can get

now, how do I politely ask Mikhail
if it's safe to drink their water?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Mark I'm so behind on your blogs. This is so wrong. I'm going to have to spend an afternoon with a hot chocolate (not tea, not coffee) and catch up.

Oh yes and I <3 You :)

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home