Saturday, February 25, 2006

lord and taylor

upsets me
I just wish I could go in there
and smell perfume in peace
but no
instead I get asked 396 times
if I need any help
or if I've smelled the new Hugo Boss

I don't even want to LOOK
at the new Hugo Boss
let alone smell it

today, the most vulgar concotion
Lacoste's new fragrance
of which the name I've forgotten
though I don't believe
I bothered to find out in the first place
was most brutally and forcefully
thrust under my nose
by a pushy saleswoman

oversexed stew of stale citrus
if ever there was one

Then when I finally ask a question
they have no idea what I'm talking about
thats because they don't belong there
they have no idea what they're talking about

And don't tell me whats for a woman
and whats for a man

I can see the bottle is pink
I'm not blind
but I'm smelling it anyway
so back off, whore!
I may even ask for a sample!

Just because it's a big seller
does not mean I want it
yet everyone seems to think
I should own Kenneth Cole Black

I think in just the past month
my snobbery in relation to fragrances
has increased tenfold
and my obsession - tenfold squared

I may be putting my nose
to good use soon though
I don't want to count my chickens
before they hatch

well, my darlings
you'll know it when and if it happens

Scent of the day: Patchouli Pure by Fresh and Philosykos by Diptyque

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home