Monday, February 06, 2006

summer dramatics

I'm exhausted
spending the day reading scripts
so that I have something to offer
at the BU Alumni Theatre meeting in 2 weeks

so now I have 5 suggestions
the same amount I had before I started reading

I guess I just picked the wrong ones
to peruse this particular day

I'm doing costumes for the summer show as well
as long as it's not like too period or anything
but even then I'll still do it
cause I know I can and the money's not bad either

so my choices as of today are:

The Last Night of Ballyhoo
by Alfred Uhry

Fools
by Neil Simon

A Few Stout Individuals
by John Guare

Return Engagements
by Bernard Slade

and

Our Lady of 121st Street
by Stepehn Adly Guirgis

I'm rather proud of these nominees

we're meeting at Russells in 2 weeks

I really enjoyed my summer theatre experience
Jim is a great director
he's honest, more than anything
which is valuable to me
and he's practical
which is valuable to everyone

we had a great time
nonstop laughter
who wouldn't want to return to that?

but I think I've said all there is to say
about playing a villain
so no more villains
I'd rather not wear 2 hours worth of makeup

I want to return to my usual
arrive 15 minutes before showtime
thats typical Mark fashion

slap on some foundation
liquid eyeliner
lip balm

and away we go.

I want a sexually charged role
something provocative would be nice

since I seem to be on a pattern
of new types of roles
I've never played something like that before

it's either sexually charged
or a woman.

either or

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah because sexually charged males and women are just the same exact thing.
I'll come see your show again. Last summer's made me laugh like crazy. Especially seeing Lehnowsky play an old man.
Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a blast:)

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home