Sunday, February 05, 2006

it's been a week

today is Super Bowl Sunday
fucking shoot me

if one more person
asks me who I'm rooting for
I'll kill myself

and why do they think
I'm even interested, anyway?

HELLO!

I don't care about Brad and Angelina
I don't care about Nick and Jessica
I don't care about the next American Idol
I don't watch Dancing with the Stars
I am not lobbying for the return of
The Book of Daniel
I don't care that Dave Chapelle walked away
from 50 million dollars
I don't care how Jen is coping
I don't even care who wins an Oscar this year

And I most certainly
could not care any less
about people throwing
a goddamn mis-shapen soccer ball!

I just don't care

That said, I had a wonderful night
last night
in Penn State
with Mark's Father
watching Mark's A Capella team compete

my best friend is inspirational
to form a group of 10 people
and to write all of their music
and have them ALL respect you
like I saw yesterday
it's phenomenal.

They took 3rd
which, everyone said they were robbed

and they were
I'm not just saying that

But, we learn
and we adjust
and then we go back
and we kick ass

and I'll be there next year
cheering him on

did I mention he finally got his solo?
the man I always knew could sing
sang so beautifully
and was far better than I ever could have imagined

brought a smile to my face
and one even bigger
to his father's

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

marc dont lie u know u care about how angelinas pregnant with brads baby u said the other day in cvs after reading the cover of a trashy tabloid "wow angelinas 5 months pregnant, shes been hiding it for awhile" haha!!

Sunday, 05 February, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

oh you bitch, making me look like a hypocrit. I'll get you for this.

Monday, 06 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home