Saturday, April 08, 2006

Polka Karaoke

I finally saw Dangerous Liaisons
I took Jim
I walked in before the show
and the candles in my sconces were crooked
so I, looking like a member of the audience
got up
in front of a house full of people
and walked to the sconces
and adjusted them

everyone thought I was a bold man
no one knew I designed the goddamn thing.

well, I'm sorry.
Im not sitting for 3 and a half hours
staring at a crooked candlestick
and you can bet that it would be the only thing
I'd be able to look at.

The show was fine
Deirdre was the best in the cast
I'm not being biased, she was great

I have a lot of projects coming up
I'm honestly booked through the summer of next year

I have costumes to do for
Murder in the Magnolias
at BU Alumni Theatre
for August

I have Proof and Closer set designs
for Penn Technical College

I have Fiddler on the Roof for NTE next April
and their fall 2006 show

and I have to submit for A Streetcar Named Desire
at the Kirby in September

Hmm, and I have school too.

After the show, Jim and I went to Kelly's Pub
which used to be Jim Dandy's

Kelly's had Karaoke on friday nights apparently

I loathe Karaoke
Karaoke in Japanese probably translates to: Two Drink Minimum

anyway, we're sitting there
and all of a sudden,
this man starts to sing a Polka

it's Karaoke!!!

needless to say, it was actually the best of the night

Polka in an Irish Pub.
Mamma mia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home