Thursday, March 23, 2006

8 days

So here I am
designing 2 shows
that open on the same day
1 huge musical
with large gargantuan scenery

and one small play
with intricate French Rococo Interiors

How I got conned into that last one
I'll never know

but alas, it's the final stretch
where everything takes a backseat
until the curtains go up
in exactly 8 days

Lots and Lots to do
filigree work
painting a floor to look like Parquet
constructing 2 three foot high chandeliers
That Light!
making my forced perspective actually work
and hanging 4 large comissioned paintings
and making them fly

and finding room for everything offstage

It's like the backstage at WICKED over there
at the high school, ya'll
absolutely no room for ANYTHING

so far we have one injury to report
a little girl tripped backwards over
the steel hydraulic lift
I felt terrible

It will all come together
but there is a LOT of painting to finish

will I be able to finish in time?

Stay tuned for another update
and more pictures to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home