Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dangerous

The help I was promised
never came
this evening at the Showcase Theatre
to help me with the floor
for Dangerous Liaisons

I signed onto this project
with the expectation that:
A) I would have help
B) The set would have been built
with ample time for painting
C) That my budget was reasonable
D) That I had the absolute final say
in the visual design of the show,
including those areas that I myself
was not responsible for but that would
eventually wind up on MY set

I am a Nazi when it comes to my work
And they're really getting to see me in full force

The set was built late
I have gotten little to no help
my budget has been at the last minute cut
which has forced me to BEG Local hardware stores
for paint donations
in exchange for advertisements in the program
all of a sudden I'm now fundraising? What?

I don't have time for this.
This should have been done by last week
but people piss around
and the director does not want to do anything
except ask me to do more work

So the floor is all mapped out and planned
taped off, measured and it took forever
especially when you run out of chalk
and can't use your chalk line

And I called it a night
yes, there's a lot left to do
but I'm tired and terribly distraught
and unnerved by this whole production

I've just about given up on it
and I'm ready to hand over my designs
and say "Here, try your best." and leave.

So I've decided that the painting will be finished
if the director decides to ask for help
otherwise, I'm not busting my ass to finish anything
he'll end up with a floor thats half parquet
and half chalk and masking tape

and I won't care.

but I don't want my name on it if thats the case.

If in the end I'm not completely satisfied with the outcome
my name will not appear on the project.

I don't put my name on shit.

Annie Get Your Gun on the otherhand
is right on schedule
except for the chandeliers
but we won't talk about them right now

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is Annie Get You Gun? I'd like to see something by NTE :)

Thursday, 30 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and your set of course. hehe

Thursday, 30 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home