Sunday, May 14, 2006

mothers day

I'm exhausted
I spent all day cooking
I started at 10 for a 4:00 dinner

5 courses!

I had 14 for dinner
family, of course

but I did it all
and it was marvelous

I have been very distraught as of late
lots of things piling up at once

this week will not be fun
scared and stressed

yesterday,
I saw arguably the worst thing on Broadway
ever

Alec Baldwin
in Entertaining Mr. Sloane

god, he was atrocious.

But then we saw Spamalot
and laughing made up for it

Friday, I was almost killed twice
within 15 minutes.

first, while emptying the bag
from the lawnmower,
I missed getting struck by a copperhead
by about 5 inches.

venomous snakes, lovely.

then, while dismounting the mower,
after parking it
I lifted my leg over the steering wheel
to get off and when I did
the seat broke off
and I went barelling over the back
and landed on my neck
then my ass and back and head followed.

so, I'm very sore

but, I'm also alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home