Sunday, May 22, 2005

back

sometimes
i try to force funny
true

like now
i stared at the screen
15 minutes passed
i decided to concede

i'm not funny right now

i'm sorry
this gift
of funny
is not always here

it vacations
like the best of us

my funny
probably vacations in Europe
Prague

not a funny city, Prague
funny would want to be able to relax
can't relax
in albuquerque
too funny
that name

i feel like the boy
who lost his shadow
peter pan, was it?
no, i won't call myself peter pan
too micheal jackson
for my liking

besides
i'm more wendy, anyway

lately
religion
always thinking about it
don't know why
thought I buried the hatchet

3 years gone
regained my sunday mornings
hiked up my sleep quota

bad priest
bad man
liar
son of a bitch
motherfucker

made me hate
a holy man
instilled hate
in me

if i died tomorrow
i'd go to hell
or so i was taught

3 years gone
never confessed

blame him
i do
all the time

then again
whats to say
man may not lie down with mankind

damned if I do

god doesn't hate
sorry
capital G
God does not hate

jesus freaks
tell me otherwise
fuck off

guess our gods
are different

my god loves me
you think yours hates you

not my fault

get your fucking pamphlet
out of my face

knock somewhere else
no solicitation

assholes

buddha
allah
yahweh
Ganesh

all the same

God manifests
differently
just depends on where
you live

we all believe in the same god
we just don't realize it

so yeah, I guess I do believe
of course I believe

I just want to believe my own way
not yours
not his
certainly not theirs

i said i'd come back
just needed time
room, space
a breather

think it over
pros and cons

question devotion
commitment

maybe i'm ready now

but my views have changed

and they're not like yours
they're mine

so wheres my church?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home