Thursday, June 30, 2005

it's too darn hot

I have this alarm clock
it's retro looking
it's seafoam green
and it has a picture
of a drive-in movie sign
on the face

It's new place
is in the bathroom
because our bathroom clock
is broken

so this clock sits
terribly out of place
on my countertop
in my bathroom

everytime my cleaning lady
cleans my bathroom
she accidentally
sets the alarm on this clock

forward to 1:50 pm
today

minding my own business
typing away
talking to Deirdre

HOLY FUCK!
oh, it's just the alarm clock
Jesus Christ!

for a moment there
I thought I was in
Baghdad
in a crowded marketplace
and someone felt the need
to bang on the brass pots
to attract potential customers

As I just told Deirdre
the weather outside
can best be summed up by saying

It's the kind of heat
that conjures up visions
of sex in a cheap 70s roadside motel
with no air
wood panneling
and polyester drapes
- just without the sex.

my hair keeps growing

the rain has stopped falling

my grass still crunches

Saffy is still Lucifer

Life is still going on

and apparently

so am I...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can someone who loathes the filth and dust of the Drive-In own any sort of memorabilia which it represents? UNLESS you've changed!!! YAY, let's go see a movie(technically two) when I come home... next weekend. :) Later Marcus!

Thursday, 30 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home