Saturday, July 30, 2005

In-Sain

Today
I worked at my old haunt
The Medicine Shoppe
filled in for Deb
darling Deb

she needed a vacation

todays paper
front page
ABUL HUSSAIN
arrested

now for you
that probably means nothing
but for me
thats big-doins
in PharmacyLand

Abul was the druggie's
preferred doctor
because he'd prescribe anything
for anyone
and finally
after 4 months
of investigation
tipped of by PHARMACISTS!
he was arrested

Now, my old Haunt
happens to be the druggie's
preferred pharmacy
because we're independently owned
and the owner rarely turns anyone away

so today, as I expected
when I walked in
they were lined up
hoping we hadn't read the paper
to get their HUSSAIN scripts filled

can you believe
that we were completely OUT
of Percocet, Lorcet, Valium, Xanax,
Vicodin, Klonopin, Ambien, Sonata
and OxyContin
today?

Imagine that.
Silly us.

you can't certainly say
"Sorry, your doctor has been arrested,
this script is no longer valid"
to an addict.
you have to treat them with kid gloves
made of steel.
so instead you say "Not in stock."

of course then you get:
"But you had them in stock yesterday!!"
"Yes, we did. But how do you know that?"
bastards.

I hate drug addicts
and no matter how hard they try
I can always pick them out
immediately.

it's really not hard
because they are in such a state of mind
that they think they're invincible
they don't shut up
constantly making small talk
trying to take your mind away
for 1 second
so you can't concentrate
on the script
which they occasionally write themselves
some can barely stand
they think we can't see the bags
under their eyes
the rotten Meth teeth
like we can't smell the cloud
of cigarette smoke
that hangs over them
in a 30 foot radius
that you couldn't escape
if you tried
not even hanging your head
out the bathroom window
clutching a Glade plug-in
to your nostrils
while holding your breath
will get you away from that cloud.

that cloud's a bitch, kids.

after all was said and done
at 1pm, our Saturday closing time
we had filled 7 legitimate
prescriptions
but must have turned away 37 illegitimate
prescriptions

I try not to talk about work
because frankly, who cares, right?

yeah well shut your face, it's my blog.

in other news, my iPod is charging up
getting ready for an afternoon
of grass mowing

my zen of choice.

who mows their lawn to showtunes, anyone?
hands? can I see some hands?

No?

thats' right, cause I'm the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home